Saturday, August 15, 2015

Globetrotting in Style - Dallas!

So I mentioned that I have an announcement this weekend and here it is.  I'm introducing a NEW series today titled "Globetrotting in Style"!  This series will follow bloggers on their excursions while sharing their favorite activities in a city, along with a taste of their personal style.  I'm looking forward to showcasing my own travels as this series develops, as well.  

In other news, I moved to Dallas this week!  I'm so excited about my transition to The Lone Star State. I've lived all over, including abroad, and I must say that I'm glad to be back in Dallas.  The land of cowboy boots (and a lower cost of living), has welcomed me warmly already!  I thought it would be nice to celebrate my big move by featuring Dallas, Texas in my inaugural Globetrotting in Style post.  Today, Jaclyn Mittman of Pretty Petals blog shows us her 3 favorite hot spots in Dallas.  Jaclyn has a fresh perspective on Dallas, having moved from Southern California over a year ago.  You'll definitely want to visit Jaclyn's local gems the next time you're in Texas.  Let's jump into Jaclyn's three top place to visit in Dallas...



When I moved to Dallas from Southern California a little over a year and a half ago, I set out to find the best restaurants and shops in Dallas. And while I've found some incredible spots, there are a few that I continuously return to for both their beautiful decor and exquisite menu. These are my top 3 spots in Dallas.

This is one of my favorite spots in Dallas. The minimal interior feels very "California cool" so I automatically feel right at home. From the subway tile wall, to the tufted, black leather couch. I could sit and drink juice and coffee all day.

  • What to Order: Almond Cappuccino
  • Favorite Feature: Artwork by local artist Wheron







Shirt | Shorts | Flats | Bag | Sunglasses


This adorable little outdoor bar has a great selection of drinks as well as light snacks. I love that they have picnic blankets available if you want to sit on the lawn on a sunny day or play some outdoor activities such as volleyball and bocce ball. It's also pet friendly which is a huge plus!

  • What to Order: Basil Hayden Ice Cream Float
  • Favorite Feature: Planter Wall





The Foundry and Chicken Scratch was one of the first places I discovered when moving to Dallas and it quickly became a favorite. Technically a bar/lounge and restaurant combined, The Foundry is an indoor and outdoor bar with a very rustic meets industrial feel, and Chicken Scratch is the actual restaurant. The cutout storage containers as shaded seating at The Foundry is one of my favorite features and the stage made completely from pallets is quite impressive. I love that you have the option to sit inside or outside as well.

  • What to Order: Chicken and Coconut Waffle (two words - chili syrup)
  • Favorite Feature: Cactus Garden and Rustic Barn


Shirt | Shorts | Flats | Bag | Sunglasses

Jaclyn's Dallas hot spot selections are pretty awesome!  I must say that I'm really getting excited about exploring Dallas now.  I didn't get a chance to explore much during my short stint living here a few years ago, so it's overdue. Thanks for the inspiration, Jaclyn!  You can follow Jaclyn's latest adventures on her blog, Pretty Petals. 

I'm looking forward to bringing you another Globetrotting in Style post this Fall.  Next up will be Spain!  But until then, stop by and say hello on the comments if you're a Dallas (or Texas) area blogger.  I'd love to get to know you!

No comments: